Facilities in the Reserve include:
- Information centre Housed in the Maskew Miller Herbarium.
- Gift shop Also housed in the Maskew Miller Herbarium.
- Resource centre A great source of information at the Education Centre.
- Plant Herbarium Available to students by prior arrangement.
- Walking paths and benches There are a wide variety of walks with plenty of places to rest and admire the views.
- Oak Café restaurant A private concern, not run by the Reserve or the Friends.
- Picnic area The Reserve is equipped with benches and refuse facilities. No braai fires or gas burning equipment is permitted.
- Public toilets Next to the Information centre.
- Facilities for the disabled A boardwalk provides access to the duck pond and extends into the gardens area. Ablution facilities are also available.